Tuesday, 8 September 2015

With A Little Help From My Friends


Forever 21 blazer (similar here) | Chica Booti velvet skirt (similar here) | Nordstrom booties | Colette handbag

You guys would've already seen me play with this colour palette before, but it's seriously one of my favourites and go-tos when I can't think of what to wear. I absolutely love combining camel with black and white - it's just so classic. Despite this being a super simple look, it has a nice formal element for when you want to be a little more dressy. I just went for afternoon tea with my mumma to a nice cafe, but you could wear this to a meeting if you wanted. Along with colours, I played a little with textures today, opting for this velvet skirt over my usual choice of a plain black one. As it gets warmer, you'll notice my outfit posts will slowly start to incorporate more skirts, shorts and singlets, and less tights and coats. 

I'm not sure if I'm mentioned this in a previous post, but I'm heading on an overseas trip in a couple of weeks for almost two months, and so I haven't been able to go shopping in a really, really long time. So this is just a little warning that most of my upcoming posts will be combinations of all my old clothes, and you may see me reusing some of my favourite items (like this camel blazer and booties haha). Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys would wear to a coffee date with your mum! :)

6 comments:

  1. Cute look! I love this color combo too, such a classic! Love that you paired a velvet skirt into the mix for a little texture & surprise element!! So chic!

    xx

    Lauren
    Blame It On Barneys
    www.blameitonbarneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you look so professional, the blazer looks amazing! Love the colour!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style! :)

    www.ohhmydior.com

    ReplyDelete